I am a change maker and yogi on a mission to help people feel better so they can RISE to their full potential.
When this happens, I truly believe all living things, including this planet will benefit.
From an early age, I felt drawn to international travel, other cultures, environmental & wildlife issues, sustainability, activism and movement. So, it wasn’t a surprise that I eventually moved to Australia to get involved with environmental nonprofit work and became a yoga teacher with over 500hrs of trainings.
These experiences were instrumental in solidifying my purpose and passions of international service and helped me find my voice as a leader. Now I’m using that voice and the tools of yoga to help others RISE physically, mentally and emotionally and take yoga OFF THE MAT by partnering with friends that are helping to make this world a better place.
In addition, I just launched an online course called 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙇 💕 ~ 𝗔 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗝𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁, 𝗡𝘂𝘁𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 ~ where I help people who struggle to prioritize self-care, learn how to utilize time management strategies, lab testing, customized meal plans, movement and breathing, so they can recreate their daily schedule and feel better physically, mentally and emotionally in 4 weeks.
In the future, I will share this experience as an in-person, international retreat in various locations around the world, where a portion of the proceeds will go to support organizations in the communities we visit.
So going back to the beginning… my love for movement developed at the early age of 5 during ballet and gymnastics lessons. I couldn’t imagine anything better than spending my time dancing, flipping and jumping.
Dedication and enthusiasm for these activities guided me to competitive gymnastics until age 11 and then dance and competitive cheerleading at age 13, which I continued throughout high-school.
During university and throughout my 20s and 30s, I explored various Latin styles of dance, which led me to join performance teams in the US and Australia. This experience and many others were the stepping stones in preparing me to start my yoga journey where I would eventually be focused on transforming lives.
Harvard University has an article explaining how yoga transforms lives and your health called, ‘Introduction To Yoga‘ – which I think is a great read if you are just starting out.
Continuing dance into my 20s, I needed to do more to stay limber and was introduced to yoga at age 25. The practice started as a way to stay flexible and fit, but over the years, I developed a love that goes far beyond the asanas. I truly believe it’s essential to embrace the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of the practice for optimal health, happiness and well-being.
Passion and desire to learn more about yoga led me to participate in Body Mind Life’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Program in Sydney, Australia. During this intensive, life-changing experience I received transformational guidance and support from a diverse, world-class team of instructors. This training is accredited by Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance and involved the following:
- How to Intelligently Sequence and Lead a Class
- Yoga History and Philosophy
- Safe and Classical Alignment of Poses
- Strengthened Physical, Mental and Emotional Practice
- Breathing and Meditation Techniques
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Observance of Bodies and How to Give Safe Hands-on Adjustments
- The Business of Yoga
I decided to take my practice and teaching to a deeper level and participated in Zuna Yoga’s 300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program and SUP Yoga Teacher Training in Bali, Indonesia.
This course went well beyond asana and anatomy to present an in-depth study of pranayama, meditation, philosophy, prana and the energetic body, advanced sequencing, developing private sessions and workshops. This training is accredited by Yoga Alliance and involved the following modules:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga
- Yoga History + Philosophy + Tradition (emphasis on Tantric/Hatha)
- The Science of Yogic Breathing
- Prana & Chakras
- The Art and Science of Sequencing
- Stepping Up Your Class Themes
- Advanced Restorative Asana
- Yoga Nidra
- Understanding Meditation
- Developing a Yogic Lifestyle
- Workshop Development and Private Clients
Now, I have been practicing yoga since 2005, participated in the following certifications and trainings and will always be a student first – learning and absorbing as much as I can from my teachers and mentors.
- Zuna Yoga’s – 300hr Advanced Tantric/Hatha, Restorative and SUP Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Body Mind Life’s – 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Body Mind Life’s – 50hr Art of Alignment – Assisting Program
- Rainbow Yoga’s – 100hr Kids Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Janet Stone’s – Anatomy of Emotion – in progress
- Janet Stone’s – Living The 8 Limbs of Yoga – in progress
- Janet Stone’s – Energetic Alignment and Intuitive Sequencing – in progress
- Janet Stone’s – Chanting Yoga of the Heart – March – June 2020
- Kat Clayton’s – Mentorship Teaching Program – 2019
- Mark Carter’s – Sound Healing Workshop with Crystal and Brass Singing Bowls, Drums, & Gongs – August 2019
- Carmen Aguilar’s – Inversions, Hips, Spinal Fluidity, Sequencing Theory, Adjustments Workshop – November 2018
- Annie Carpenter’s – Moving Through the Koshas – Hands-On Assisting Workshop – April 2017
I look forward to sharing my love and passion of yoga with you and using this beautiful practice to transform lives.