Standup Paddleboard Yoga
Join me for standup paddleboard yoga (SUP Yoga) classes around San Diego, California!
SUP Yoga combines standup paddleboarding, which originated in Hawaii in the 1940s, with the ancient practice of yoga – from India.
Practicing yoga on a moving surface forces you to use muscles that tend to be forgotten about in a land practice, requiring intense focus, which can then calm the mind the much quicker. The most basic poses and transitions are a whole new challenge!
- An appreciation and reconnection with nature which is known to have a positive effect on mental and emotional health
- Core and full body strength training- cardio + strength + stretching
- Improves balance, stability and endurance
- Low impact and useful during some healing and rehab programs
- Reduces stress, anxiety, pain and suffering
- Vitamin D + suncreen = year round tan
- Beginners to advanced welcome, as I give options for all levels.
- And last but not least – your land practice will become easier!
Locations can include but are not limited to: Mission Bay, Liberty Station, La Jolla Cove, Del Mar Dog Beach, Carlsbad Lagoon, Coronado, and we can even take trips up to Catalina Island.
For those of you that just want to SUP without the yoga, I am also available for rentals and tours, SUP with your pup (for all my furry friend parents), and fullmoon night paddles on Mission Bay.
All of these activities can be great for special occasions, holidays in San Diego, friends or family in town, company events, bachelor/ bachelorette parties, birthdays and more.
Want to learn more about SUP and SUP Yoga in San Diego?
Contact me today!