Nicole Turner – Yoga Classes in San Diego
My love for movement developed at the early age of 5 during
ballet and gymnastics lessons. I couldn’t imagine anything better
than spending my time dancing, flipping and jumping.
Dedication and enthusiasm for these activities guided me to competitive gymnastics until age 11 and then dance and competitive cheerleading at age 13 – which I continued throughout highschool.
During university and throughout my 20s and 30s – I explored
various Latin styles of dance, which led me to join performance teams in the US and Australia. This experience and many others were the stepping stones in preparing me to start my yoga classes in San Diego.
Continuing dance into my 20s, I needed to do more to stay limber, and was introduced to yoga at age 25. This started as a way to stay flexible and fit, but over the years, I developed a love that goes far beyond the asanas. I truly believe it’s essential to embrace the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of the practice for optimal health, happiness and well-being.
Passion and desire to learn more about yoga led me to participate in Body Mind Life’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Program in Sydney, Australia. During this intensive, life-changing experience I received transformational guidance and support from a diverse, world-class team of instructors. This training is accredited by Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance and involved the following:
- How to Intelligently Sequence and Lead a Class
- Yoga History and Philosophy
- Safe and Classical Alignment of Poses
- Strengthened Physical, Mental and Emotional Practice
- Breathing and Meditation Techniques
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Observance of Bodies and How to Give Safe Hands-on Adjustments
- The Business of Yoga
I decided to take my practice and teaching to a deeper level and participated in Zuna Yoga’s 300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program and SUP Yoga Teacher Training in Bali, Indonesia. This course went well beyond asana and anatomy to present an in-depth study of pranayama, meditation, philosophy, prana and the energetic body, advanced sequencing, developing a meditation practice, how to develop a meaningful private session and how to develop successful yoga workshop programs. This training is accredited by Yoga Alliance and involved the following modules:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga
- Yoga History + Philosophy + Tradition (emphasis on Tantric/Hatha)
- The Science of Yogic Breathing
- Prana & Chakras
- The Art and Science of Sequencing
- Stepping Up Your Class Themes
- Advanced Restorative Asana
- Yoga Nidra
- Understanding Meditation
- Developing a Yogic Lifestyle
- Workshop Development and Private Clients
I have been practicing yoga since 2005 and am currently Rainbow Yoga’s San Diego Ambassador and a Teeki Yoga Clothing Ambassador. I have participated in the following training and workshops and will always be a student first – learning and absorbing as much as I can from my teachers and mentors.
- Zuna Yoga’s – 300hr Advanced Tantric/Hatha, Restorative and SUP Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Annie Carpenter’s – Moving Through the Koshas – Hands-On Assisting Workshop
- Carmen Aguilar’s – Inversions, Hips, Spinal Fluidity, Sequencing Theory, Adjustments Workshop
- Mark Carter’s – Sound Healing Workshop with Crystal and Brass Singing Bowls, Drums, & Gongs
- Body Mind Life’s – 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Body Mind Life’s – 50hr Art of Alignment – Assisting Program
- Rainbow Yoga’s – 100hr Kids Yoga Teacher Training Program
I look forward to sharing my love and passion of yoga with you.